Local Employment Service (LES)
- Hits: 1533
The LES provides a local gateway, or access point, to the full range of services and facilities that are available to help jobseekers to enter or return to employment. Services are provided to jobseekers referred to the LES through the Department’s of Social Protection activation process and also to clients who engage directly with the service.
The aim of the activation process is to assist unemployed people to identify a personal path to help them re-enter the labour market. A group information session is the most likely form of initial engagement followed by subsequent one to one activation interviews with a LES Mediator. Jobseekers are contacted by the Department of Social Welfare advising them of the date, time and location where they must attend.
Key services provided by the LES include:
- Placement service: registration, career guidance, vacancy matching and placement into employment
- Progression planning: registration, referral onto education, training or development opportunities/programmes within the context of a Career Action Plan.
- Labour Market information: Provision of information and advice on areas that relate to the Jobseekers labour market situation.
- Mediation /Guidance: Provision of personalised guidance leading to development of a career plan; career counselling and referral to third party agencies.
- Jobseeker-Employer Liaison: Contact with employers, identification of vacancies suited to Jobseekers and advocating on behalf of Jobseekers.
- Post-Employment Programme Assistance: Provision of supports to Jobseekers experiencing difficulty in accessing employment from labour market programmes.
- Post-Training/Education Programme Assistance: Provision of supports to Jobseekers experiencing difficulty in accessing employment from employment related training or education.
County Waterford LESPresentation BuildingMitchell StreetDungarvanCo WaterfordWork Tel: +353 (0)58 45750Work Fax: +353 (0)58 45238
Nano Nagle Resource CentreGreensideCarrick On SuirCo TipperaryWork Tel: +353 (0)51 649 516Work Fax: +353 (0)51 649 517Lismore Business ParkLismoreCo WaterfordWork Tel: +353 (0)58 54646/58025Work Fax: +353 (0)58 54126