On 8th May 2017 WLP officially completed the process as set out for a Type C organisation and fully complied with the principles and practices of the Governance Code. The 5 principles are;
- Principle 1. Leading our organisation
- Principle 2. Exercising control over our organisation
- Principle 3. Being transparent and accountable
- Principle 4. Working effectively
- Principle 5. Behaving with integrity
Compliance with the Governance Code is considered valid for a three year period from the date of completion.
The new Charities Governance Code will become compulsory for all charities in 2020 and WLP aims to ensure that it is fully compliant by 31st December 2019.