Waterford Leader Partnership CLG Privacy Statement
This is a statement of the practices of Waterford Leader Partnership CLG (WLP) in connection with the capture of personal data on this website and all social media sites owned by WLP (that is all web pages within the domain http://www.wlp.ie) and the steps taken by WLP to respect your privacy.
WLP is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites or social media sites which may be accessed through the WLP website. It is WLP policy to clearly identify links to external websites/social media sites and it is your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the adequacy of the practices of linked sites.
WLP fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those who share information with WLP. WLP will not collect any personal information about you on this website or it’s social media sites without your permission, except as may be required or permitted by law. Any personal information which you volunteer to WLP will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003.
What we collect
We collect the following personal information when you visit our webs site or social media sites and complete a form, take part in a promotion, survey or complete questionnaires or expression of interest forms:
- contact information including email address and mobile phone number
- Any other information we collect will be general business information only.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- to help us identify you and your preferences.
- to customise this website and its content to your preferences.
- to understand your use of the Website so that we can develop and improve, the Website, our events and services.
- to manage events, promotions, competitions, customer surveys, expression of interest forms and questionnaires.
- to research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis.
- send you information about our events and services, unless you have requested that you are not added to our email list or request that your details are removed from our e-mail list (see further information below)
- fraud prevention and detection.
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you.
- diagnosing problems.
Marketing and Opting IN
We may contact you by email about events or services provided by WLP under any of its programmes and updates that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time and we will not contact you again unless you choose to Opt-In again. See ‘Your rights’, below for further information.
Collection and use of personal information
Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties and is used by WLP only in accordance with the purpose for which you provided the information and will only be retained for as long as required for the purpose. This is normally stated on the webpage where the information is requested and should be self-explanatory.
Collection and use of technical information
Information on internet traffic is collected routinely by WLP and also at other points along the route in the internet (e.g. HEAnet). This technical information is used to ensure the smooth running of the computer network in WLP and for statistical or administrative purposes. It is NOT used to gather identifiable personal information on individual website visitors, except in so far as this is permitted by law and may be necessary in order to prevent or detect problems or offences in relation to the operation of the website.
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
Waterford Leader Partnership CLG uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
WLP uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
Social Media Sharing and Integration (3rd party).
We use Facebook and Twitter functionality within this site so that you can share items of interest, or become a fan of our Social Media Profiles. You can find out more about Facebook’s Cookie use here:http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=115180708570932 , and Twitter’s here: https://twitter.com/privacy
We also sometimes use video embedding, like YouTube or Vimeo (3rd party) to enhance your experience of content on our site.
Visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for a guide on how to control and delete cookies on a wide range of web browsers and operating systems.
Your Personal Rights
- Right to have your details used in line with data protection regulations.
- Right to information about your personal details.
- Right to access your personal details.
- Right to know if your personal details are being held.
- Right to change or remove your details.
- Right to prevent use of your personal details.
- Right to remove your details from a direct marketing list
- Right to object.
- Right to freedom from automated decision making.
- Right to refuse direct marketing calls or mail.
CHANGES TO POLICY
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time by updating the version on www.wlp.ie please review periodically. By continuing to use the Website/Social Media Sites, you agree to be bound by the amended policy.
Queries and Concerns
Any queries or concerns you may have about the processing of personal information on this website should be made in writing and addressed to:
Data Compliance Officer
Waterford Leader Partnership
Lismore Business Park